Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Apple and Cinnamon Muffins


I took a break from studying to go and watch a game of Twilight Imperium which, for those who don't know, is a very nerdy space wars game involving the taking over of planets, making peace accords and having space battles :D :D :D! I normally do play but I had waaaaaay too many readings to do for college :(

I decided I'd make something for the game and Ethan requested these muffins. Unfortunately, I've just moved apartments and while the new place is bigger, quieter and much better for studying the oven has NO markings whatsoever!!! So I made the batter and hightailed it over to a friends apartment only to find the same situation! It was a nightmare but I decided to go for it. They were a little overdone but I'm blaming the fact that the oven was probably a tad too high, they should turn out much better for you :)

Apple & Cinnamon Muffins
Makes 12
  • 240g plain flour
  • 2tsp baking powder
  • 60g butter (melted)
  • 110g white sugar
  • 2 medium apples (I used Jonagold)
  • 11/2tsp cinnamon
  • 2 eggs
  • 110mls milk
Preheat oven to 200 C and grease/line a muffin pan
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl
In a separate bowl mix eggs, milk, and melted butter well
Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry mixing just enough to combine
Peel and grate the apples and fold gently into the batter mixture
Add 1.5 tbsp of batter to each hole in the muffin tray, dividing any remaining batter evenly between them
Bake for 20-25 mins
Cool in the tin for 5 mins then cool completely on a wire rack

Enjoy :D x




No comments:

Post a Comment