Sunday, June 26, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - Take 2

I love OMRCs, the taste, the texture and the warm, inviting smell they leave in the kitchen while they're baking. My very first blog post was a recipe for Slightly Healthier Oatmeal Raisin Cookies because I needed my OMRC fix and am unable to eat the regular kind. But I made a batch for friends the other day and tweaked my recipe a little with apparently good results so I decided I'd post up this recipe too! After all, you can NEVER have too many oatmeal raisin cookie recipes :P

Also, on a sad note, my weighing scales has met an untimely end so I'm using U.S. measurements because I had a mug handy :P

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Makes 12-15 cookies
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsps. vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp all spice
  • 1 1/2 cups jumbo oats (old fashioned oats)
  • 3/4 cup of raisins
  • 2-3 tbsp milk
Preheat the oven to 175 C
Put the raisins in a bowl, add water to cover and add 1 tsp of the vanilla extract.
Allow to plump for 10-15 mins
In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar.
Add eggs and the other tsp of vanilla and beat until creamy

In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and allspice
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined
Stir in the oats
Drain the raisins and stir into the mixture.
Add the milk if the mix is on the dry side

Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper
Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins, or until the edges of the cookie are golden brown
The centers should remain soft but not too doughy.

Also, my camera's been very dodgy lately so all photo credits for this post go to Dana from The Homesteading Housewife

x


No comments:

Post a Comment