Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mum's Pavlova


We've moved into our new house and we finally have internet which means I can finally post up my pavlova recipe :) It was one of my housemates birthdays last week and his favourite dessert is Pavlova with cream and strawberries so that is what I set about making. 


I used my Mum's pavlova recipe which is the best Pavlova I've ever eaten. It's chewy and pillowy at the same time and tastes absolutely amazing! Slightly abnormally there's custard powder and white vinegar in the recipe which helps give it this consistency. The recipe has no measurements whatsoever so I'm gonna do my best to approximate.


Mum's Pavlova
(Serves 12-16)


  • 6 egg whites
  • 2 mugs of caster sugar
  • 2 heaped tbsp custard powder
  • 2 tsps white vinegar
Preheat the oven to 160 C
Beat egg whites and 1 and 3/4 of the sugar with an electric whisk until they form the stiffest peaks you've ever seen
Fold in the rest of the sugar, custard powder and white vinegar
Pour out onto a rectangular baking tray lined with greaseproof paper
Bake for 35-45 mins, until slightly golden at the edges

Enjoy :) x










































No comments:

Post a Comment