Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hello blogosphere

Hi, I'm really new to this whole blogging thing so I may take a while to get any good at it. I figure introducing myself is a good start so here goes *deep breath and imagine everyone in their underwear*

My name is Kate and I looooove to bake :) In fact I considered calling this blog Kate's Cakes but after some thought I decided I'd combine my passion for all things sweet with my passion for all things psychological, hence Baking on the Brain. Other contenders for the title included Pavlovian Kitchen, A Psychologist Wears an Apron and Someone's in the Kitchen with Freud :P

As you may have guessed by now I'm a psych student and as a result I may randomly post up interesting psychology facts (especially if they're about food)!!! But aside from loving all things neural, I also love all things foody! I love to bake and while I do end up scraping my experimental concoctions into the bin the odd time, the majority of my baking adventures turn out fairly well (or so I'm told). I say adventures because I tend to be quite experimental and never follow recipes exactly (which wrecks my Mum's head). As a result I've ended up with some 'interesting' outcomes and some that were just plain yummy!

I hope you enjoy my recipes and remember, if you decide to experiment with anything I post, by adding or taking away certain things, please let me know how it turns out so I can try your version :D

Happy baking x

No comments:

Post a Comment